Are you looking for the best card in the game to make your financial transactions between your favorite online casino and your bank? If the answer is yes, then you’re in luck. The American Express, popularly known as Amex, is the solution you’ve been looking for.
This trusted card offers its services worldwide including on online casinos. Therefore, you can transfer funds straight from your bank account to your online casino account. That’s not the only reason why you should consider this form of payment. Here are others:
- Safe and secure transactions.
- Additional perks for every purchase you make using your card.
- Great promotions and bonuses every time you make an Amex deposit or when you sign up.
- No need to create an account in order to use Amex. If you want to perform a transaction, all you need is your card details.
Keep reading to find out more about Amex casinos and whether or not you choose this as your number one payment method.
What Is Amex?
The American Express credit card is the most renown financial services in its category. This is thanks to its wide network in the United States and other parts of the world. This doesn’t come as a coincidence. Amex came into life in 1850 and has grown from strength to strength.
Indeed, this credit card takes up 24 percent of the total dollars spend in the U.S. To get your Amex credit card, simply visit your bank or any financial institution. During the application process, you’ll be asked to provide the following details:
- Your name
- Physical address
- Email address
- Date of birth
- A password
- A proof of identity which is usually a driving license or a government issued ID or passport
If everything checks out, you’ll receive your credit card in your mailbox after a few business days. After which you can use it to top up your online casino account if they accept Amex as a payment method.
What are the Benefits?
- Secure transactions. With increased cases of cyber-attacks, Amex is pulling all the stops to make sure all your transactions are safe and secure. For example, all transactions are encrypted and Amex doesn’t store card details on their servers. This means you must provide card details for every transaction you perform. Often, you’ll be requested to enter a 3-digit code also known as a CVV code located at the back of the card.
- Fast transactions. Since you can create an account at an online casino using Amex as your payment method, then you can transfer funds directly to your online casino account without the help of a third-party application.
- Excellent customer support. American Express offers its users with around the clock customer support. If you encounter problems when performing any transaction at you online casino, contact Amex customer support team through their hotlines, email or by reading their detailed FAQ page.
- Global acceptance. Increased demand for Amex’s services has pushed online casinos to include Amex as a payment method.
- Membership rewards. Any purchase made using your Amex card will earn you points. This includes depositing funds into your online account. You can then redeem these points travel. Therefore, if you intend on depositing a huge amount, then Amex is your best bet.
Where Is Amex Accepted?
Over 30 online casinos accept the American Express credit card as a payment method thanks to its convenience when transferring funds from your bank account to your online casino account.
However, this payment method isn’t available for Americans. This is because of the 2016 UIGEA regulations which prohibit banks from performing gaming transactions. As such, for US online casino players, other payment methods such as Visa cards and E-Wallets may be a great choice.
In other countries such as the UK, you can only use Amex at online casinos which have the relevant licenses as prescribed by the UK Gambling Commission.
How to Deposit with American Express
Depositing funds to your online casino account is fast and easy using Amex. Here are simple steps to follow:
- Log in to your casino’s account using your username and password.
- On the menu, you should see the cashier option. Click on it and you’ll see credit cards. This contains a list of various cards and in it, find American Express.
- Next, you’ll be asked to enter the deposit amount, your card number, the CVV2 code and other personal details.
- The last step will be to authorize the transfer. Your money should reflect in your account within a few minutes
Remember to confirm with your bank whether they allow gaming transactions. Otherwise, you can use your Amex card anywhere you come across the American Express logo.
How to Withdraw to Amex
Withdrawing is even easier when using Amex.
- Log in to your account click on the menu.
- Among the options listed, click on the cashier option and select withdraw. You’ll then be asked to provide your credit card number, the CVV number and other personal details for proof of ownership.
- After everything checks out, the withdrawal will start. Unlike depositing, your funds will be available in your bank account in 3 to 5 business days. However, this will depend on your country of residence.
Also, it’s important to note that with the increased demand for online gaming on portable devices such as tablets and smartphones, the need to have mobile deposits and withdrawals is also on the rise. However, the cashier option may miss some features.
Regardless of whether you use Amex to fund your online casino account or any other payment method, you may have to pay a small deposit and withdrawal fee. This fee ranges from 1 to 5 percent of the amount in question.
If you use an Amex card, there are standard fees which apply when performing transactions but this will depend on your card type among other factors. For a full list of the fees associated with an Amex card, visit their website.