Global branded payment provider Blackhawk Network Incorporated has made history with its launch of a new kind of gift card. Game On ™, the new gift card, is for use in the sports betting market. In addition to an extra layer of security and convenience, the card promises a smart and easy way for sports betting audiences to fund their sports betting accounts.
At launch, the new payment card already featured several popular sports betting brands in the United States. These include popular sports betting brands such as DraftKings Sportsbook, FanDuel Sportsbook, BetRivers/PlaySugarHouse Sportsbooks & Casinos, and Parx Casino among others.
At launch, the Game On cards will be available in New Jersey and Pennsylvania but there are plans to expand the offering to even more states across the country. With over 20 potential markets, it should only be a matter of time before the offering makes it to even more states where sports betting has been legalized.
How It Works
Before moving ahead with the Game On project, Blackhawk Network commission some research into the gaming industry. As such, the solution is intended to address most, if not all, of the issues that they discovered were still plaguing the industry. These included concerns regarding the security of certain payment methods as well as the desire of some customers to keep their sports betting payments separate from their other financial activities.
“People we’ve surveyed who have placed sports bets are clamoring for a payment option that provides increased budgeting control and privacy, versus linking personal banking information when funding their sportsbook account. Our new Game On card helps address those concerns.”Brett Narlinger, head of Global Commerce at Blackhawk Network.
The gift cards are here to solve those problems and according to the company, this is how players in Pennsylvania and New Jersey can use it:
- Find a Game On the card on the Gift Card Mall™ rack in most local New Jersey and Pennsylvania grocery stores and retailers, or online at GetGameOn.com
- At checkout, load between $20 and $400 to your card, plus an activation fee (between $3.95–$5.95 depending on denomination).
- After purchase, open the packaging to reveal the card number, CVV, and expiry date for online use.
- Log into any one of the sports betting sites shown on the front of the card to transfer funds into your sports betting account.
- Place your bets (players have to be in the state where they created their accounts in order to bet).
For many sports betting operators, this will also be a great way of increasing reach, loyalty, and even revenue.